Friday, February 28, 2014

So Long, February

I thought I would enjoy my first winter as a full time writer a little more than I did. Don't get me wrong, it was way better than teaching. But I lost count of how many times I shoveled snow this year. How many times has the weatherman said 'record lows?' So I'm glad to wave farewell to February though I hear another snow storm is coming our way on Monday.

There are many things to look forward to in March. I have some guest blogging spots coming up throughout the month. Some here and some where I'm visiting elsewhere. A couple of blog hops and of course I'll be preparing for A to Z challenge.


By this time next week, I'll have the third and final book in my Recon Marines series in the hands of my editor at New Concepts Publishing. Also good news, the second book, The Marine's Heiress is now available on Amazon Kindle.

Tomorrow is the monthly meeting of my local writers' group and that always gets me pumped up. I need that now as I'm gearing up to start my next series. I have three different ideas and I need to settle on one. It's always exciting to start out fresh.

Are you glad to see February end? Have plans going for March? Have you shoveled enough snow yet?

17 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

Wow, lots of blogosphere busy-ness for you in March! I'm impressed that you're going to do the A-to-Z challenge. That always seems so overwhelming to me!

Also, good luck deciding on a new series idea! Developing those are always fun, I think!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

We had snow three times here, which is three times more than normal. I'm ready for spring as I'm tired of freezing to death.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's good news about your third book! Hope your snow-shoveling days are over soon for the year.

Robin said...

Three different ideas!!! That is wonderful. So exciting when you have all that creativity rolling around. So many stories to tell and so little time:)

Maria Zannini said...

Snow is a rare event for us down here, but I am tired of the ups and downs in temps. Just stabilize already.

The Happy Whisk said...

I am not allowed to shovel snow but I did sneak it one time and I have to say, I enjoyed it. But then, I don't get to do it very often.

Have a groovy weekend. I'm headed to write a new bake: Toffee Crunch Cookie.

Cheers and boogie boogie.

Pat Hatt said...

Yes, so glad February is gone as it means snow days should be soon through

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Heather, I always feel a little overwhelmed at some point in A to Z but I keep coming back for more.
Alex and Diane, I know your part of the woods has had unusual winter weather this year.
Robin, I always think that, too many stories and not enough time.
Maria, we've been stuck in the 'endless cold' zone with little up and down.
Ivy, Toffee Crunch, mmmm.
So, Pat, I hear we might get a foot of snow to start March.

PK HREZO said...

Oh have fun at your writer's meeting!!
I am so glad Feb is over! It was the busiest month ever for me. And what a winter, eh?? I'm in FL so it wasn't so bad, but I know you guys took a beating. Here's to spring!!

Liza said...

So long February. I wouldn't mind skipping right to April. Enjoy your writers' group.

LD Masterson said...

Happy March. And, yes, I am more than ready to be done with snow and we also are supposed to get hit again this weekend.

Here's to a fast track to spring.

Christine Rains said...

I'm happy to see February go too because of the weather. March brings more revising for me, and my son's spring break. Maybe we'll go away and do something fun then. :) Have a lovely weekend.

Paul Tobin said...

Glad to see the flooding go at the allotment. My plans are progressing ok- good luck with the book :)

Dana said...

I'm not able to shovel snow, but I can tell you with all certainty that I'm tired of seeing it. :)

Have a great weekend!

mshatch said...

I am thrilled to be saying goodbye to February. March might still be cold and snowy but I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel...

Arlee Bird said...

No snow in Los Angeles. This year I can't even see any in the mountains like I can most years. At least today it's raining a lot and we need that.

Stay busy--it looks like you're doing that.

Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out

Unknown said...

I downloaded today :)